No previous writing skills needed
No previous UX skills or knowledge needed
All you need is a little curiosity about writing and UX
UX writing is the verbal user communication within digital interfaces. It appears in apps, websites, and all other kinds of digital products that users interact with – and, as such, it is an integral part of the user experience. For writers and designers, however, UX writing is much more than that: Since big tech companies have become increasingly aware of the importance of UX writing, the young discipline offers promising job opportunities, exciting tasks, and a great career outlook.
But what does it take to become a UX writer and what do aspiring UX writers need to know about the job?
One thing is certain: For those who want to break into UX writing, the first steps often seem the hardest: How do I apply, what can I expect the application process to look like, and how do I create a portfolio when I haven’t done any projects yet? If you ask yourself these and other questions and have not yet found an answer to them, this course is the right choice for you!
Who should join
This course is the perfect match for everybody who considers breaking into UX writing and is interested in learning more about the tasks to do, the skills to learn, and the steps to take in order to start a career in UX writing. It is also helpful for everybody who plans to apply for a UX writing role and is about to enter the application process.
What you will learn
In the first part of this course, you will learn about
- the everyday tasks of a UX writer
- the skills a UX writer needs
- the difficult parts and challenges of the job
- valuable resources to dive into the field of UX writing
- the first steps to start a career as a UX writer
Now that’s it for the basics! In the second part of this course, you will learn about
- what the usual application process for UX writers looks like
- how to build a UX writing portfolio to apply with
- how to tackle UX writing job interviews
- how to do typical home assignments in the application process
Sounds good? Then join this class and be perfectly prepared to start your career as a UX writer!
Who this course is for:
- This course is the perfect match for UX designers, UI designers, developers, product managers, and all other kinds of professionals working in the field of digital product development, as well as for all writers who would like to dip a toe in UX writing.