No requirements are needed. There is no math in this course. All that it takes is an interest in people and an open mind.
There is so much great research about behavioral economics. It’s powerful, useful, and important. However, because of its complexity (and math) it can scare some people off and is only now just starting to become mainstream. This course helps introduce the basic concepts of behavioral economics in a completely math free way. It is based on Guthrie’s book I Love You, Now Read This Book. (It’s About Human Decision Making and Behavioral Economics).
This course is fun, easy to understand, and backed up by the research. The instructor, Guthrie, has personally read hundreds of the academic papers to know and understand the research first hand.
Topics in this course include:
- An introduction to the big ideas of behavioral economics
- How humans calculate by feel (and not as a rational actor)
- Nudges, mandates, coercions, and manipulations
- The importance of social interactions and pressure
- The fear of loss
- The Behavioral Design Process
Who Is This Course For?
- Marketing professionals
- Project Managers
- Economists (or Econ-curious)
- Anyone interested in behavioral science
- Anyone who wants to understand human behavior and decision making
About The Instructor: Guthrie Weinschenk, J.D.
Guthrie Weinschenk is a Behavioral Economist and the COO of The Team W, Inc. He has a degree in Economics, a law degree, and is a licensed attorney.
He consults, teaches, and specializes in business strategy, behavioral economics, and ethics. He is the host of the podcast Human Tech and author of I Love You, Now Read This Book. (It’s About Human Decision Making and Behavioral Economics). Guthrie currently lives in Chicago, IL.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in beginning to learn about the field of behavioral economics.