Free communication skill tips for great emails and meetings
**From the multi-award-winning internationally-best-selling author of The First Minute – a business communication book**
Learn simple email and meeting skills that will help you become a better communicator at work.
Learn the simple yet effective methods Chris Fenning has taught to people all around the world, including at Google!
Content and Overview
This course contains 25 unique tips plus worksheets to help you apply and practice the methods. It is designed for anyone who regularly communicates using emails and meetings at work.
The course is delivered in a “tip” format that is easily digestible for busy professionals. You can learn the tips in order or pick and choose the ones that are most valuable for you right now.
Each section includes a checklist to help you apply all the tips in your work. It also includes a fill in the blanks worksheet with questions to help you identify the best information for your emails and meetings. Every tip includes examples showing how it is used in a real world situation.
Here are the tip that are covered in this course:
- Put the topic in the subject line
- Say what you need in the subject line
- Say what you need in the first line
- Say when you need a response
- Deliver your key message in the first lines
- Summarise the information
- Use short paragraphs and bullet points
- Label actions as actions
- Requests must say who will do what by when
- Don’t put questions in paragraphs
- Explain when you add someone to an email chain
- Explain when you remove someone from an email chain
- Add a summary when forwarding an email chain
- Use hyperlinks instead of text URLs
- Have a clear purpose
- Know the output you want
- Only invite people who contribute to the output
- Pick the right format
- Write a great invitation
- Use the invitation as the introduction
- Thank the partial participants
- Track the progress to the output
- Close with a summary
- Minutes are the output plus actions and decisions
- Say what happens next
The content of this course is relevant to any job in any industry. It doesn’t matter what work you do, these tips will help you be clearer and more concise when you communicate.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to write short, clear emails. You’ll improve your business email skills, your meeting planning, meeting running, and follow-up. You’ll also save time and increase your productivity at work.
Ready to Enroll?
Click on the “Buy Now” or “Enroll Now” button in the top right corner of this page and start
learning how to sharpen your email writing skills, have productive meetings, and improve communication with your team.
Who this course is for:
- Busy people wanting easy ways to improve the quality and impact of their emails and meetings
- People who like structured ways to be clear & concise
- Anyone worried about their meetings being ineffective
- Anyone looking for practical methods to improve day to day communication at work