Master And Overcome Remote Work Information Overload
Master And Overcome Remote Work Information Overload, The Science And Practice Of Keeping Your Mind Clear And Productive
No specific requirements.
About The Course
This dynamic and unique course offers a different perspective on the nature of remote work, how it differs from face-to-face work and what you can do to make the most of it. Drawing from psychological research, the history of office-based work and the latest technologies in productivity, this is a practical guide on how to beat information overload at remote distances.
The lectures in this course cover not only psychological, technological and productivity issues, but also the social factors that can make remote work a challenge. After completing this course, you’ll have a better understanding of how to situate yourself in the immediate section of your organisation. You’ll know how to spot time-wasting redundancies in your information flow and when it’s time to rethink how you do, what you do.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or don’t have a framework to help you understand why remote work can seem so discordant, we’ll unravel some of the most important mysteries that many new remote workers or managers of remote workers overlook.
We’ll tackle common productivity myths and help you understand how information is processed and organised. We’ll draw links between your inner mental world and the work environment. Demonstrating how you can improve one by improving the other. You’ll learn some good fundamental ways to take care of the most important needs you have mentally and physically so that you can expand your information handling capacity and reduce the impact of stress.
By the end of this course, you’ll be more confident, exert more control over your personal information flow and more effectively deal with everything coming your way. You’ll also be better equipped to deal with the drastic changes on the horizon, as the future of work continues to leave the traditional office, organisation and career behind.
What You Will Learn
Through a series of short video lectures and exercises, you’ll learn:
- Why is office work the way it is? The fundamental differences between face-to-face and remote work
- How much your brain can handle before overloading
- How taking control of your workspace can boost your mental performance
- How to analyse your workflow and personal bandwidth
- How to craft more efficient ways of doing things
- How to get colleagues and management on board
- How to use ergonomic principles to boost your productivity
- How to use technology to reduce your cognitive load
Who Is This Course For?
While it can benefit remote workers at all levels and in all roles, this course is especially suited to:
- Employees who suddenly have to work from home without adequate preparation
- Remote team managers who need to understand the cognitive and technical challenges remote workers face
- Freelancers who need to be more productive while working remotely
- Hybrid remote workers who have to switch between remote and local work
- Entrepreneurs who want to build an effective remote or virtual organisation Any remote worker suffering from burnout or falling productivity
- Remote workers who are struggling with the technological aspect of remote work and how it fits into their new environment
Who this course is for:
- Employees who suddenly have to work from home without adequate preparation.
- Remote team managers who need to understand the cognitive and technical challenges remote workers face.
- Freelancers who need to be more productive while working remotely.
- Hybrid remote workers who have to switch between remote and local work.
- Entrepreneurs who want to build an effective remote or virtual organisation.
- Any remote worker suffering from burnout or falling productivity.