An Internet Connection
An email address
This course is designed to equip students with the skills required for creating dynamic web pages using PHP and MySQL. It further equips students with the fundamentals of PHP programming, while providing them with advanced features of the language. Immerse yourself in an end-to-end full-stack development experience, as we explore user interface design, business logic and hosting activities.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build an attractive PHP application; styled using Bootstrap 4; track and manage changes with GitHub and deploy a fully data-driven application to Heroku Cloud Hosting.
Why Learn Development with PHP
PHP was designed to make web development easier, and many beginners find it effortless to pick up and get started with. In fact, PHP code was so easy to pick up, many non-programmers end up being able to write PHP application in no time!
The top 5 reasons to learn PHP are:
- Beginner Friendliness
- Designed to Scale
- Active Support Community
- Career Opportunities
This course is practical and will equip you with all you need to build a fully functional web application, add it to source control using GitHub and finally, host it on Heroku.
Languages and Technologies Used:
- PHP (HyperText Pre-Processor) – Server-Side Programming Language that allows us to build dynamic and data driven applications
- HTML and CSS – Standard Web Languages used to design web pages
- Visual Studio Code (With extensions) – Development tool or IDE to help us write code faster.
- XAMPP Server – To facilitate Apache and MySQL Servers
- PhpMyAdmin – MySQL Management Tool built into XAMPP Server
- GitHub – For Source Control and collaboration
- Heroku – For publishing website(s) PHP Application to the Cloud (Free with restrictions)
NO other course on the market can equip you with these skills. Level up now and be a part of the modern PHP Developers’ club!
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Build a fully data driven web application
- Understand the PHP Application Flow
- Create and manage databases with phpMyAdmin and MySQL Workbench
- Create PHP/MySQL queries with PDO
- Setup User Authentication and Authorization
- Use Bootstrap 4 CSS Framework
- Use JQuery and JQueryUI
- Use Visual Studio Code Efficiently
- Deploy using Heroku Hosting
- Manage Projects with GitHub
Content and Overview
To feel comfortable in this course, you will need some prior knowledge of HTML and CSS. Beyond that, it is very beginner friendly, as we go through different programming structures using PHP. Even if you have no exposure to any web development, you will be able to follow along from scratch.
This is a huge course. Over 10 hours of premium content, but smartly broken up to highlight a set of related activities based on each feature in the application that is being built. We will also look at troubleshooting and debugging errors as we go along; implementing best practices; writing efficient logic and understanding why developers do things the way they do. Your knowledge will grow, step by step, throughout the course and you will be challenged to be the best you can be.
By the time you have finished the course you will have moved around in Visual Studio Code, XAMPP, GitHub and MySQL, that it will become second nature for you when working on a future PHP project. This will put your new learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course is complete with working files hosted on GitHub, with the inclusion of some files to make it easier for you to replicate the code being demonstrated. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Clicking the Take This Course button could be the best step you could take towards quickly increasing your income and marketability! Also, remember that if you don’t think the course is worth what you spent, you have a full 30 days to get a no questions asked refund!
It’s time to take action! This deal will not be available forever!
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers who know HTML and CSS
- Web Developers without PHP Experience
- Beginner PHP Developers