Yin Yoga Myofascia Release Techniques & Acupressure Training
Anyone who’s interested in learning more about yin yoga and the fascia system
No program experience required.
“Our issues are in our tissues.” Tara Brach
If you’ve been looking for ways to ease pain & tension within the body for yourself or your clients, using myofascial release & specific acupressure points might be the answer.
“‘Myo’ is the shortened word for muscular tissue. ‘Fascia’ is a three-dimensional web of connective tissue that goes from the very superficial layers of muscular tissue to the very deep layers & all the way down to the bone,”
Myofascial release techniques is a self massage approach using a tennis/massage ball or foam roller to managing pain & discomfort. This technique involves applying pressure to tight or sore areas to get them to relax.
Benefits of Myofascial Release Massage
- Reduce pain.
- Release knots/trigger points.
- Improve movement & flexibility.
- Improve muscle function.
- Enhance circulation by breaking up the tight areas where blood flow may become restricted.
- Reduce exercise-related soreness.
Acupressure pressure points are thought to be powerfully sensitive parts of the body. Some people believe that by applying pressure to our body’s Meridian pressure points, it can help relieve pain, establish balance, & improve health throughout the body.
Benefits of Acupressure point massage
- Stimulates the body’s circulatory, lymphatic & hormonal systems
- Relieves menstrual cramps. hormonal systems
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Improves sleep
- Relaxes your muscles and joints
- Regulates digestive issues
- Minimises headaches and migraines
- Beneficial for pain relief.
This course is designed for all levels including beginners, intermediate & advanced yoga practitioners. Akirayoga walks you step-by-step through understanding what Myofascia release & Acupressure points are, the main benefits, how they work within the body, & how to incorporate specific techniques & classes aimed at specific alignment techniques. Within the physical practices, variations are offered to suit all body shapes & abilities. Instructions will allow you to settle into the practice without having to keep watching the screen. You can practice at your own pace in the comfort of your home & can come back to the practice as often as desired.
Benefits You Can Get From This Course:
- 9 theoretical key concepts lessons with 4 physical practices and 10 Acupressure points.
- Professional Course Manual
- What is Fascia – An Introduction
- Fascia – Understanding the Structures/Types
- The 7 Primary Functions of Fascia
- What Happens When Fascia Becomes Unhealthy
- Fascia and Posture
- Lines of Pull Within the Fascia System
- Fascia and Emotions
- The Benefits of Myofascial Release for Fascia and how to Perform.
- How to Use Acupressure Points
- Complete four myofascia physical Yin Yoga practices
- Complete 10 Acupressure points for the Meridians
- Our first class is a short practice that focuses on the Sacroiliac Joint using two tennis balls, providing a Myofascial release into the SI joint, sacrum, & lower back & allows you to access easily your own joint pain relief. It is extremely effective for SI pain & lower back pain/tightness.
- The second class is a full one-hour practice focuses on opening the shoulders with specific Yin yoga poses & myofascial techniques to release tightness, tension & reduce pain. The class will increase mobility & fluidity throughout the shoulder joint. We tend to spend so much time hurdles over computers, our phones, and hold a lot of emotional stress within the upper back area, most of the muscles in this area, play a role in our posture and breathing. Any shallow breathing as well as a tendency to keep the shoulders up can create tension and trigger points around our shoulder joints. This class aims to release tightness and tension within the shoulder girdle.
- The third class is a 35 minute Yoga and Myofascia release class for the feet. Working with our feet is incredibly beneficial. It improves our hamstring flexibility, sore feet, posture, and over alignment within the whole body because of the fascia connections. Our feet also have trigger points related to our organs so myofascial work enables deeper work to occur within the body.
- The fourth class is a 60 minute Yin Yoga full hour practice with a myofascia realease technique for the outer hip/IT band area to release tension & bring relief from spasms & discomfort. This is a great practice to do often to keep the IT Band feeling supple & mobile.
- Evoke positive changes to both your mental & physical well-being with this training.
Here’s What a Few Students Have to Say… —————————————————————————————————————————————— Claire is an incredible instructor, teacher and mentor. I would whole heartily recommend any of Claire’s retreats or training as she has a wealth of knowledge and her energy is so inspiring. She has the ability to transform and bring out the best in oneself. A very special soul indeed. — Ing Spence ——————————————————————————————————————————————
Embarking on a deeper understanding of Yin Yoga was a very important step on my spiritual path and the course led by Claire was magnificent. All of the other students also agreed that the quality of teaching and value for money was excellent. If anyone has done yoga classes with teachers and not been inspired, than I urge you to attend Claire’s Yin as you will find a new zest for life and yoga!. — Billy Keranski ——————————————————————————————————————————————
Included is 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee- Udemy’s Policy – If for ANY reason you aren’t satisfied within 30 days, we’ll happily refund every penny. So you can relax & go ahead, TRY the course out right now.
Please consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. By participating in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge akirayoga from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Yoga with akirayoga’s negligence.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody with an interest in Myofascia release techniques and Acupressure Points for health and well being.
- Anyone who’s interested in learning more about self massage as a healing system
- Yoga teachers who would like to expand their skills
- Health care practitioners who wish to provide the therapeutic benefits of Myofascia release and accupuncture to their clients